Labels

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The day after the first release

Oh boy...
Yesterday I finally presented the game on two forums
one: the official Unity forum
Two: THE independet games forum on the net, TIG Source

And there was a lot of awesome feedback there.
But it also was quite stressful. First I had problems getting the link to the game working correctly because of an stupid copy-paste mistake. And then I noticed that the game mechanics weren’t as well explained as I thought they were. Almost all players had huge problems getting into the twist.
To fix that I changed the control information text on the signs in lvl1 and even adden one more sign. 


So, what are my future plans for the game:

-In the demo there is all few lvls a new extension to the main twist(yellow cube, green cube, white cube), I wanna keep that. So I want the player to find all few lvl something new and challenging. And don't worry, I have some really cool ideas ;)

-I love unlockable stuff. Therefore there will be a lot more of that in the final game(In the demo you get a nice little unlockable after lvl3 ;) ). So there will be generic stuff like concept art, early ideas, probably even tutorials?, und quite some more. But then again, I don't want to overwhelm the player witch achievement stuff like some X Box games do. Every unlockable has a purpose.

-I'm really playing with the idea of some kind of story. Nothing big or tedious, but some kind of real motivation for the hero. Not too sure about this though...

-Special worlds. Hidden exits will lead to special worlds with special twists(*hust* Coop-splitscreen *hust*)


So, yea, it definatly was a succsesfull first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment